Thursday, January 4, 2018

Melody Gardot - Live in Europe (UNIVERSAL MUSIC 2018)


I dreamed to have a live album since many years ago. Something that would be a dedication to the people who welcomed us all over the world. At first, I had wanted to seek out the “best of” in a way that would illustrate the most perfect performances from our concerts over the last few years. I struggled listening to over 300 shows, judging, analysing and critiquing every solo, every note, every phrase… it was painstaking until finally I reached a breaking point… I heard a song that made me cry - not because of the performance itself, but because of the memory of the feeling of that evening… and then suddenly, I remembered the point of all of this… why this album exists as it does is simply down to the ‘feeling’, the nostalgia, the memory - it’s not about perfection or ego or demonstration - it’s just about what happens live - because live there is only one element that counts: heart. This album holds my heart, and the love of all the people who supported us along the way. It is as much a gift to me, for the memories it holds, as it is my gift to you, the listener. This album is simply a very long thank you to all of you. I am forever grateful. // Melody Gardot.